Thursday, March 5, 2009

One Week

I thought I'd get rid of that disgusting banner now and put a "cheerleading" banner up there. A little cuter, huh? I think Sammy will appreciate it, at least. :-)

That bucket is gone now. I had put it in my garage when I left for my ski trip last weekend and just discovered today that it was empty. Somehow, without my knowledge, my mom must've gotten to it. I have several of those buckets that I plan to use for my kids' trips to the beach this summer. They will make great sand castle making buckets!!

The insomnia has gotten better. I did use the Tylenol PM a couple of nights ago but was very groggy the next day. Last night, I stayed up til about 1:00 a.m. watching episodes of Law and Order that I had DVR'd. I have a new obsession with that show. Since I am studying law, I have a whole new fascination with any shows that revolve around the law. I love it that I can watch those shows now and actually know what those lawyers are talking about! How cool is that? Not so good for sleeping, but they are very addicting. So, I guess I have traded a nicotine habit for a late night TV habit. Which is the lesser of the two evils? I'm debating. JUST KIDDING.

I'm waiting for those two weeks that the skin product commercials promise. You know the ones where they tell you that within two weeks you will see fewer wrinkles around the eyes and mouth? Not that I look like an old hag, but I would love for those crows eyes to be gone. And those smile lines. Maybe a pound or ten could help with that, too. Who knows. Or maybe I should just "grow old gracefully." Whatever.

Anyway, it's been one of the longest weeks of my life. Seriously. It feels like a month ago I was planning for that ski trip. At the same time, I can't believe we are into March and within a couple of months summer will hit. What a year it has been.

Not sure how long I can keep a blog like this interesting. Soon it will be "old hat" and I won't have much else to say about the issue.

Still appreciate all the prayers and support! I couldn't have done it without you all!!

16 comments:

Dawn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new banner! And the new life! LOVE not coming over to your house and seeing butts on the porch - and especially the disgusting bucket! Yep, I did it. I confess. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Also the spare butts rolling around. Call me OCD - I just hate BUTTS!! But - I won't ever have to do it again. WOO-HOO!!

It has indeed been quite a year. And what a great way to bring in the spring.

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are still smoke-free! You are doing great! I hope you are able to sleep better soon. I know how hard it is to keep up with children on little sleep...and you have school work on top of that! Great job on your test! Keep up the great work on everything!

Mary said...

Kristen,

You're doing an awesome job. You go, Girl. I'm so happy that you've gotten this far and though you now have a late night tv habit, you aren't smoking. Congratulations on week one.

The hot and cold flashes may be from the withdrawl. Those will pass. Just keep a sweater handy for when you are cold.

98% is AWESOME!!! Love the new banner.

Blessings for a great weekend.
Mary

Melissa said...

Well, at least I now understand why I just HAD to cheerlead for you! You're a fellow law and order nut! :)

I'm an independent paralegal down here in FL, and I watch tons of L&O myself. My favorite is SVU...or Criminal Intent if Chris Noth is on there! :)

Congrats on 5 days clean! Keep drinking the water, cut back on your caffeine intake, at least for a few days, and enjoy smelling so much better!!! :)

(((You Can Do It!!!)))

Melissa in FL

Barb said...

"Old hat" is good. :-)

Congratulations on one week, Kristen. Today is four weeks for me. We're both doing great!

Sam said...

It's not old hat!!! Keep us posted!

LOVE the new banner! SO much better than the last one, although I bet the last one was good motivation.

I'm so psyched for you, Kristen! You've really done it. You're going to find you think of cigarettes less and less as time goes by. Woo-hoo!

And hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. No need to apologize for not visiting sooner--I bet that taking care of 4 kids, in addition to studying law, might just keep you a little bit busy. :-)

I'm keeping you in my prayers!

And growing old gracefully?? No thanks! HA-HA!

Robin in New Jersey said...

Congrats on one week smoke-free, Kristen!

groovyoldlady said...

I've been praying every day. You're doing GREAT!!!

Lura said...

Great job! Keep up the good work!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Yee haw! You're doing great, Kristen! You should be over the worst of any lingering withdrawals by now, so from here on out it just keeps getting easier. :o)

Hugs,

Diane

Needled Mom said...

Way to go, Kristen. You are doing an awesome job in this incredibly tough challenge.

We have always love L&O. It is definitely addicting, but is a much better addiction than smoking....plus, it doesn't cost anything!

Hope this will be an easier week for you.

Unknown said...

I am incredibly proud of you!!! You are a strong woman, Kristen.

I've found the key to no Tylenol PM groggies is to never take it after 11:00pm.

Linda said...

I'm so glad you are doing so well Kristen. I'm proud of you!!
About the lines....We were talking about growing old gracefully in my small Bible Study group (before getting down to the actual study you undestand) and one of the ladies said, "If you smile, the lines are in all right places." I think I like that idea.

Nancy said...

Great Job, Kristen! Keep up the great work and know that I'm praying for you!

Carole Burant said...

Hi Kristen:-)

I didn't even realize that you had a new blog going...I'm sooo behind! lol I've just caught up with all your news and please know that I am SO very proud of you for deciding to quit smoking. I've never been a smoker but I can appreciate how difficult it must be to quit. Your children will thank you, your family and friends will thank you and your own body will thank you:-) Keep up the great work!!! xoxo

Shawna said...

Good for you! Whoo hoo!

I'm with you in that I can't believe it's already March, almost mid-March! Where does the time go?

But you know what? Don't worry about keeping this blog interesting. It's better to have it be boring and you healthy and happy than the alternative! Congratulations so far. I just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and praying for you today! You go, girl!